School webteam: November 2013
This week, Christmas has come early to St James Primary. The Key Stage 2 children have been busy practising their singing for Audlem's Big Switch on. (Thursday 28th November). Led by our Year 5/6 teacher Mrs Heathcock, the children have learnt a selection of Christmas songs to perform at school before we walk down together to the canal wharf for the event.
The three songs that the children will be performing on the night are: 'Snow Song', 'Merry Christmas Everyone' and 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town'. We would be very happy to see parents at school to watch the children sing.
The timings of the afternoon/evening are as follows:
- 4:30pm onwards, meet in school — there will be sweets, raffle tickets and glow sticks on sale.
- 5:00pm KS2 will be singing.
- 5:15pm We will leave school and start procession into the village to the canal wharf (using main pavements, not alleyways)
- 5:30pm arrive together at the wharf. Children and adults then have the opportunity to light candles if thwy want to support the RNLI.
- 6:00pm Santa arrives and walks up into the village with the children to the tree at the square.
- 6:15pm The Big Switch On.
- 6:20-8:00pm Santa will be in his grotto (17 Shropshire Street)